There’s no question that good air quality is vital to health, especially for older adults, children and anyone with conditions such heart or lung disease. In a city as big as New York, with a population of more than 8.6 million people and growing, air quality is an ongoing challenge.
While there is only so much you can do about outdoor air pollution, you can significantly improve indoor air quality with regular HVAC cleaning, especially air conditioner cleaning before you start up your system in spring.
For commercial spaces that are reopening after being closed for a long time due to the pandemic, HVAC cleaning and maintenance is essential to prevent problems with the system upon startup after a prolonged shut down. [If you’re concerned about preventing COVID-transmission, get our helpful guide to HVAC Solutions for COVID-19.]
Here are four reasons why you should take advantage of HVAC cleaning services in NYC.
1. Air pollution is not just outdoors.
Although the city and the state have worked hard to lower emissions and reduce pollution, there are times when “fine particulate matter” in the air is still a big problem in NYC. And those fine particles have a big impact on indoor air quality, too.
The dust and particles from vehicle exhaust, boilers, construction and other activities can find their way into your HVAC system. This can clog air ducts and air conditioning filters, causing allergies and worsening asthma and other respiratory problems.
Scheduling regular HVAC cleaning, along with air duct cleaning when needed, helps to remove these unhealthy pollutants from indoor air. You will get the best price with a preventative maintenance contract.
Find out more about how duct cleaning affects the air you breathe: FAQ: Duct Cleaning and Your Indoor Air Quality.
2. There is other “stuff” in the air, too.
Besides the particles that can creep in from outdoors, there are other contaminants that can get trapped in your air ducts and affect indoor air quality.
Mold, bacteria, pet hair and dander and dust mites can all build up over time, causing allergies and contributing to poor air quality that can make it hard to breathe.
Without proper ventilation, pollutants from cigarette smoke, cleaning solvents, paints and building materials such as pressed wood products and carpeting can cause unhealthy odors to build up.
HVAC cleaning services not only removes mold, hair, dander and dust mites from air ducts, but also help to ensure that the HVAC system is operating effectively — keeping the air safe, breathable and pleasant by filtering out harmful and smelly pollutants.
3. HVAC cleaning helps to remove pests.
It’s a pesky fact of city life: we have pests such as roaches, spiders and ants — and all of them can make their way into your HVAC ducts.
Using insecticides in air ducts to remove the pests is tricky, because it can be difficult or impossible to control where and how far the chemicals will spread. Duct cleaning offers an alternative — helping to remove pests and prevent them from spreading to other areas of the building.
4. Air conditioner cleaning should be part of routine system maintenance.
Your air conditioning system works hard for you and is a major part of your building investment. So, it makes sense to keep that system running well with routine maintenance. As part of preventative maintenance, HVAC cleaning companies generally:
- Change the AC and furnace filters
- Clear clogged AC drain lines and pans
- Clean the evaporator and condenser coils
Performed regularly, this maintenance routine effectively removes the contaminants that negatively impact air quality and can also improve the operation of your HVAC system. That means HVAC cleaning not only helps to prevent the buildup of dust, mold and other allergens, but also helps your system run more reliably and efficiently, to:
- Prevent breakdowns and avoid the cost and inconvenience of unexpected repairs
- Reduce energy use, which not only results in cost savings but also reduces emissions
- Maintain proper humidity levels to prevent the growth of mold growth and reduce the risk of COVID transmission
- Maintain a more comfortable indoor environment
Compared with the price of repairing or replacing the system, the HVAC cleaning cost is small. And besides helping your system run cleaner and more efficiently, regular furnace and air conditioner cleaning can also extend system life. So, you just might get more years out of your heating and AC equipment.
Why choose Arista for HVAC cleaning services?
Here are five reasons Arista is a must for HVAC cleaning in NYC:
- We know the city like nobody’s business. We’ve been installing and servicing HVAC systems in NYC for decades, so we have experience with all types of legacy equipment and all types of buildings.
- We are exceptionally responsive. We have more service vehicles and techs in the NYC area than anyone else, so we can be there ASAP.
- We’ve got the know-how about air conditioner cleaning. Our techs are highly experienced and highly trained in HVAC cleaning, duct cleaning and preventive maintenance.
- We can service any brand. We have the experience and skills to service any brand, not just one or two.
- We prove what we do. We video-record our service work so you have no doubt what was done, ever.