Preventive Maintenance Agreements
4 Scary Misconceptions That’ll Make You Witch You Had an HVAC Preventative Maintenance Agreement.
Last Updated on
Last Updated on April 29, 2019
OK, excuse the cheeky title, but it’s Halloween and we couldn’t resist.
Over the past few weeks, we’ve been discussing various aspects of HVAC preventive maintenance, including the importance of a good plan, choosing the right vendor and what to look for when selecting a service contract. To wrap up this series of blog posts, let’s review why having a preventive agreement makes sense for your building and your budget.
Many decision makers are hesitant to purchase a maintenance agreement, even when considering all the things that can go wrong with HVAC systems. Reasons include:
- They’re hard to understand and loaded with ghostly…uh, we mean hidden exclusions
- They’re perceived to be too costly
- They’ve had more tricks than treats…by which we mean a bad service experience with a dishonest contractor
- They’ll deal with repairs when the need arises…from the grave
These scenarios all share the same risk — they can turn a small problem into a scary (Ok, that’s it–we promise) situtation. Additionally, there’s the risk that any work or repairs performed by a non-certified technician could be in violation of the equipment manufacturer’s warranty.
A good service plan works for you in three important ways:
- Energy savings — A well-maintained system greatly helps to reduce energy consumption expenses.
- Dollar savings — Regular service prolongs the useful life of HVAC equipment, which can add up to thousands of dollars over the life of the building.
- Efficiency — Regular service from a skilled professional can help identify and offer proactive solutions to problems, preventing HVAC equipment failure or downtime and avoiding expensive repairs.
A preventive maintenance contract with a reputable HVAC vendor can ease all of these possible stressors. When you consider all of the things that can go wrong, it’s evident that choosing the right maintenance contract is well worth the investment — it just makes good business sense.
Need more information? Grab our free guide to HVAC Preventive Maintenance Contracts: How to Find the Right One for Your HVAC Infrastructure.